Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Religious Bullying

It was reported a couple of days ago that Sony has postponed the release of one of their new games to appease the Muslim community. Why? The bottom line, I suppose, is money. When will people finally stand up and do what they want as long as they aren't causing any harm to anyone.The complaint?

The game LittleBigPlanet for PS3 reportedly had in one of its background songs two quotes from the Qur'an. According to many Muslims, it is offensive to mix scripture and music. I could understand someone being peeved over hate language or the like, but this, in my estimation, is unreasonable.The delay is the result of Sony using the time to expunge the "offensive" material from the game.

He we go again - bowing down to religious groups and letting them dictate our lives and decisions. I get so frustrated by this type of strong-arm tactics.Of course, this doesn't peeve me as much as how peeved I was back in January when MySpace shut down the largest Atheist group on MySpace that had over 35,000 friends simply because some MySpace Christians protested.


Copyright 2008 Trina Hoaks


Delicious
Bookmark this on Delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment

I approve all comments before they are allowed. Why? Because I can. I will not tolerate hate language. Debate is fine. But hatred is not.